9/30/2008

Computer Programs

So, I am curious, does your center use a computer program to file the children's information? If so, what do you use? Leave a comment in the section below.

We are using a new program that I am very excited about; but I don't think I can tell you about it just yet. I have to figure out how to do this without crossing home and work life. But, I will let you know soon how that works out.

In the meantime, I am interested in what you all use. Do you use just paper to pen? Do you use a particular program? I have looked at many over the years and have found most fall way short of what I would like to see.

I know that these programs are expensive for the good ones; is it worth the money to you?

We don't make much money in this field and would typically like to use the money towards the children rather than the office materials. We in admin go without much of the time; but we like it that way because it only makes it better for the little ones.

If you use a program is it limited to just the office information? Can teachers input assessments into it? Can parents sign their children in and out on it? I've seen some that use a security door access to sign children in and out electronically. How does this work for you if you use it?

Let me know in the comments or email me.

No comments: