4/09/2008

Swings in the infant room


I have never been a believer in having swings in the infant classrooms. I like children to be self soothers and swings are quite the opposite of that. Plus, I don't like the look of them in the classrooms. I do understand that some infants need to feel that snuggled feeling when they sleep. So how do you accomplish this? I ran across this in a catalog today and I would definitely purchase this if I had an infant room. I would probably get at least two. I especially like the look it would give the environment. I have to admit, I love the Reggio approach and look of classrooms; this would fit right in. A hammock in which the child could be relaxed and comfortable is also ideal! With the child's natural movement the hammock would swing slowly and would encourage the self soothing.
Has anyone tried this in their classrooms? What do you think of it? I would love to have some pictures of it in real use as well!

No comments: