2/28/2008

Set of play dishes


I had a set of these in the classroom with my last classroom as a teacher. I got them here. I think the first day one plate broke. After that, the set lasted until I left. I don't know if it's still there; but I would think it has lasted. I am a firm believer in trusting children. You give them things to use, show them how to use it respectfully, and everything will be fine. 90% of the things that broke in my classroom (sound bottles, picture frames, dishes, etc...) was because of me, not the children.
So, these dishes are sturdy. The stand up to the accidental droppings on the carpet. When they do break, it is usually into large pieces that are easy to clean up.
I would say that if you are just starting out in trusting children and want to give yourself some practice in trusting them, this is a great item to start with. Plus it's reasonably priced. I tell you, once you begin to trust children, you will do most of your classroom supply shopping at IKEA. They have some GREAT things!

No comments: