12/07/2009

Three Little Fishes

I have a song that is always a favorite with the children.  I’m not sure why, but I have yet to find a child who doesn’t enjoy this song.  it goes like this:

Three little fishes and a mommy fishy too

Three little fishes in an itty bitty pool

Swim said the mommy fishy swim if you can

And they swam and they swam right over the dam

Singing boom boom didum dadum whatum shoo

boom boom didum dadum whatum shoo

boom boom didum dadum whatum shoo

And they swam and they swam right over the dam

 

That’s the first verse.  There are more verses but I won’t post them here.  Mainly because anything more than the first verse is too much when you are first starting this song with your group.  Really I don’t introduce more verses until the children are getting close to kindergarten.

Then there is the child who will always respond, “Miss Jenni, that’s a bad word!”

No comments: