7/12/2008

Book of the Week-Animal Sounds


When I was little, I owned this book, "Animal Sounds" by Aurelius Battaglia. I remember it vividly. I don't actually remember any specific time that I would read it, or have it read to me. I just remember it; and it's a very happy memory. It is one of those deep seeded memories that I didn't recall until I was 18. I walked into the new center I would be working at and there, on the toddler's library shelf, was this book. A happy feeling came over me and I eagerly picked it up and read it to the closest children.

It's a simple book. The title explains it all: Animal Sounds. That's all this book is. Maybe it's the pictures of the animals. Maybe it's the simplicity of the text. I don't know for sure what it is, but I have yet to come across a child who doesn't enjoy this book.

This is a perfect book for a toddler circle time. It's also great on a library shelf in the younger children's classrooms. I've seen it successfully being used up to the three's class. The fours are pretty much over it; but it is a book that every child should own.

No comments: